Roadside severity - how to code this case

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to code the left-side severity in this case? It is a ~15cm high curb.

Thanks.

1 Like

A kerb of this height should be ignored.
So in this case the rule of thumb should be used: code distance > 10m and object none.

Hi,
How to code this one? Unprotected barrier end or rigid structure? These are the culvert walls made of concrete in the shape of concrete barrier so common on highways in India.

Thanks.

I would code this as an unprotected barrier end

3 Likes

right side board showing some road works indicating… this is temporary… can i consider Semi-rigid structure ?

hello

can we code this type of objects as upward slope >75 degrees or else aggressive vertical face

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to code the right-side severity in this case?

The pole of sign board should be coded as ‘non frengible sign-post or pole’ if it is more than 10cm diameter. The concrete post supporting sign board is low in height hence should not be coded as rigid/semi-rigid object.

1 Like

The slope on the right is >75 degree upward slope. If it is a natural rock and nearly vertical, I would code that as aggressive vertical face.

I would code the right hand side object as metal crash barrier.