Vehicle, cyclist and pedestrian traffic coding

I have data on vehicle intensity by road sections, being for the first section, which are five kilometers, worth 5914 vehicles per day, between light, heavy and motorcyclists. Therefore my doubt is; Should it be the AADT 5914 for each 100 meter segment of these five kilometers?
Similarly, for motorcycle traffic my doubt is; Should the percentage of motorcyclists of those 5914 vehicles per day be assigned as an attribute for each 100-meter segment during the five kilometers?
Finally, if I have an intensity of 120 cyclists who pass for an hour through a certain point on the road, will these 120 cyclists be coded for each segment? or the coding is not done per hour, but the number of cyclists observed during the visual inspection for each segment is coded.
In the same way for pedestrians on the road; Are they coded by placing the number of pedestrians along and crossing the road for one hour for each 100 meter segment? or they are registered quickly during the time that the visual inspection of the atrubitos of the road was made.

1 Like

Hi Garyn,
Thanks for your questions. Here is what our team says about it:

Would the AADT have to be 5914 for each 100 meter segment of these five kilometers?
If the carriageway is undivided yes, if not, each carriageway must be the double. The AADT is added to all road section.

Should the percentage of motorcyclists of those 5914 vehicles per day be assigned as an attribute for each 100-meter segment during the five kilometers?
Yes.

Finally, if I have a capacity of 120 cyclists who pass for an hour through a certain point on the road, then will these 120 cyclists be coded for each segment? or the coding is not done hourly, but the number of cyclists observed during the visual inspection for each segment is coded.
Put the number of cyclist where they are present in the road segments.

I hope that’s clear for you now. Please let us know.
Thanks!

Thank you very much, what is not clear is yes.
Is the number of cyclists and pedestrians present on the road during a peak hour for each segment?